Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Housing Solutions In Jamaica and the construction field
|Posted on July 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM||comments (1383)|
Land surveyor at workHow to register your land for a title in Jamaica?
It is very difficult to register land title in Jamaica. Much or less to even get land to purchase. There is too much process to get a land fully documented in your name and also there is problem of finding lands that has title to purchase. This is a challenge that is faced by middle class workers Who need land to buy to start a home. Lets not debate this issue, However I have done some research on the land title registration. You can also call the land Agency in your parish or region.
Land Titles Services (876)750-5263/946-5263/922-3858
Land Valuation Services (876)750-5263/946-5263
Montego Bay Office (876)7750-5263/946-5263/952-1549
Before registering a land title in Jamaica you first would need to contact a land lawyer or a lawyer who is verse in land dealings and you will need the assistance of a land surveyor. Below is some information that will help you in your process.
1.The first step taken would be to fill out a form at the Land agency : The Registration of Titles Act and sign by the applicant.
2. A written statement confirmed by oath by the applicant to prove possession.
3. A written statement/oath to prove ownership from two persons who have known the land for at least 30 years and in cases where the applicant has no documentary proof of ownership, showing title for himself and predecessors in title for 40 years.
4. The current certificate of payment of Property Tax.(Tax receipts)
5. Survey pre-checked diagram - The diagram is done by a surveyor(Registered Surveyor).
6. Proof of Ownership eg. 6. Receipt, Conveyance, Probate, Certificate of Compliance under the Facilities for Titles Act.
7. Applications otherwise by Plan must provide a description of the land so to show identification of location of the parcel of land by of a land mark and this must state the names of which the property is known. The description must state the distances along each boundary and the compass direction of each boundary line, the names of the abutting properties, the names of adjoining owners, and where the abutting land is registered land, the title reference for the property. The land surveyor report or diagram will provide all these details for you.
For more information contact : http://www.nla.gov.jm/
The information was source from: The National Land Agency - http://www.nla.gov.jm/